Promote as a team - If you accept to performer at a showcase, you're joining a team - if everyone does a few things, the showcase is wonderful.
The audience comes from the friends of the host & performers and the larger Artery community.
- Each performer is committing to do their best to bring out 3 to 5 guests to the showcase to create a new and diverse audience for the other performers. If it's tough, try to bring at least one person so everyone has someone new to perform for.
- Coordinate your social media posts, tag each other, and like & comment on the posts so the event information is more visible to more people. Make a Facebook event page, invite all of your friends, and make sure you:
- Make the event public so it reaches more eyes - private events on Facebook don’t have a field for a ticket link, so add the Artery showcase link to the description if you’ve made a private Facebook event.
- Like us on Facebook and follow @artery.is on Instagram so we can easily tag you back.
- Don’t put the address on the facebook event! When guests RSVP on the showcase page, they will receive the address. Instead, put the neighborhood, the nearest landmark, or a nearby public transportation stop. Add "RSVP for exact location" and tell facebook to use your custom location text.
- Include the link to your Artery showcase up front and center so people know exactly how to get tickets and all details they need. You can send directly to artery.is/rsvp the day of the show to pay at the door.
- Try to post daily in the Facebook event to reach more people - most people don't see each update.
- Posters are great! Here’s a helpful site: www.canva.com/create/posters/
- Artery will email everyone all your social media info and biography, so make sure your profile is thoroughly filled out and remind guests to RSVP to the showcase. You may also promote your merch at the showcase.