It's almost showtime, here's a few things to prepare and some ideas for how to run the showcase.
- Put up a handwritten sign on the outside of the entrance and along the way showing guests how to get to your space - and a way to contact you if you're away from the buzzer. This is really important and will let you relax once the showcase begins. Please include the following: "If you haven't RSVPed, please do so now at www.artery.is/rsvp"
- Prepare the lighting and furniture and figure out where the performers are going to be. Putting out blankets can be a good way to show people it’s okay to sit on the floor.
- Greets performers as they arrive and show them a good out-of-the way space to put their belongings, tune, and rehearse.
- Once guests start arriving, we encourage you to mingle and embrace the Culture of Artery. While people are arriving, the emcee or host should ask everyone to get close to the performance area, as this is all about an intimate performance. One great way to connect the room is to go around and briefly have the audience introduce themselves and why they came. It'll set the right tone and help your guests meet one another when they mingle. Also remind folks to RSVP to support the performers if they haven't already via www.Artery.is/rsvp
- The emcee will open the showcase and speak between acts, introduce the performers, explain what Artery is all about, ask everyone to sit close to the performers and give them undivided attention.
- Plan for 5-15 minute breaks between each act and work with fellow performers, your host, and the emcee to stick to the schedule.