It's almost showtime, here's a few things to prepare and some ideas for how to make the most of the showcase.
- Stick to the Communicated Schedule and put your belongings and music cases in a safe place.
- Once guests start arriving, we encourage you to mingle and embrace the Culture of Artery.
- The Emcee will open the showcase and speak between acts, explaining what Artery is all about, thanking everyone for coming, reminding everyone to pay if they haven’t already, and introducing the performers.
- Plan for 5-15 minute breaks between each act and work with fellow performers, your host, and the emcee to stick to the schedule.
- When you’re not performing, you’re a guest-- we ask guests to silence their voices and phones during the performances.
- Embrace the vulnerability and intimacy of the attentive guests in the cozy space. Don’t hesitate to talk about why you wrote the songs, when you moved to the city, how your dance company started, or what you ate for breakfast.
- Try your best to keep to your planned set time. Feel welcome to play a single encore, but it’s always better to leave the guests wanting more.
- We encourage performers to stick around and mingle and lend a hand.. It’s likely someone in the audience will want to host your next performance.