Musicians may use Artery for anything from customizing an unforgettable release concert, to collaborating with other talented local artists of all types, to testing out material in a safe and supportive environment.
Musicians have a few specific things to keep in mind when performing with Artery:
- We recommend that each act does a 20-30 minute performance, so that would mean 4-6 songs for most music acts. Definitely make sure to rehearse the set through beforehand to make sure!
- Keep the space in mind when planning your set up for the performance, communicate with the host about curfews and loudness/and amplification limits.
- Cater to the intimacy of the space, too! Consider playing with acoustic instruments and minimal drum setup (even if you are usually fully electronic and/or have huge drums), plan for some audience inclusion ideas, and maybe plan to share a couple short stories about songs or you as an artist!
- We find that amplifying vocals is seldom necessary for small acoustic setups in small rooms, but if you feel that a PA is necessary, it is up to you to arrange for it. Start by talking to other performers and the host to see if they have a something you might be able to use before looking into rentals, but feel welcome to reach out to us about rentals if you need help!
- Coordinate with other artists and share gear when possible as to not overcrowd the room.
- We invite you to use this as an opportunity to collaborate with fellow musicians-- or maybe see what happens when you collaborate with a painter or dancer or poet! It’s all up to you.